Electronics and Communication Engineering
The department of Electronics and Communication Engineering came into existence in year 1999, by the approval of All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) and affiliated to the Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow. The objective of the department is to meet the growing requirement of practical design engineers.
In addition to the well equipped laboratories and the infrastructure, the Department has many state-of-the-art facilities for assisting research and development. The Department has successfully completed a large number of ICT-based workshops with the collaboration with the IIT Kharagpur, IIT Bombay and NITTTR Chandigarh. Recently, a workshop or training program was held with collaboration with IIT Kanpur on Virtual Lab.
Electronics & Communication department vision is to provide services to meet the growing challenges of engineering industries, organizations and society by educating students to become exemplary professional Electronics and Communication Engineers of high ethics.
Department Of Electronics & Communication Engineering, commit ourselves to:
- Deliver quality education comparable to the best in its class.
- Train students with world-class competencies and cutting edge proficiency to face challenges of global market with confidence.
- Develop in student’s value sets & attitudes for a value based, fulfilling & wholesome life.
- Create effective interface with industry, business and community to make education responsive to changes and relevant to needs
- Absorb & to create through R&D, disseminate and help apply state-of-the-art technologies and practices to societal problems.
- Build top of the line faculty through appropriate human resource policies
Department has many state-of-the-art laboratories like
- Microprocessor & Interface Lab – In this lab Engineering students learns how to do the programming with microprocessor 8085 and 8086 kit. They also learn how to do the interfacing of peripherals with the microprocessor which helps in making projects. The use of microprocessor in toys, entertainment equipment and home applications is making them more entertaining and full of features. The use of microprocessors is more widespread and popular. We have 8085/8086 microprocessor kit and all interfacing cards like 8255, 8254, 8257 DAC, ADC etc. Now the Microprocessors are used in: Calculators, Accounting system, Games machine, Complex Industrial Controllers, Traffic light Control, Data acquisition systems, Multi user, multi-function environments, Military applications
- PCB & Electronics W/S Lab– The main objective of PCB (Printed Circuit Board) Lab is to do art work and preparing of negative of given circuit and design PCB. The functions which are being done by the students in this lab are art work. Preparing of negative of circuit, etching of basic PCB as per design, drilling on PCB, mounting of component on PCB by soldering. The students also design the transformer as per requirement of circuits. The final year students from SGI groups do their Project work in PCB Lab.
- Digital Electronics Lab– This lab creates and urge among the students to have in-depth knowledge of digital circuits and design and deals with the design and implementation of the digital circuits. In digital laboratory, different practical take place so that students get knowledge of what they understand theoretically in the class, we teach how to implement a digital circuit using logic gates. Different types of combinational circuits like adder, subtractor, multiplexer, four bit parallel binary adder are implemented with the help of IC’s, breadboard, and connection wires. Verification of their truth tables are performed from the reading noted by performing the experiments
- Electronics CAD LAB– According to UPTU curriculum, this laboratory is used to perform laboratory courses like simulation of electronic circuits by various tools like OrCAD by Cadence, Xilinx and MicroWind etc. Final Year students also utilize this laboratory for preparing their major and minor projects. All technical activities being to meet out the UPTU extra-curricular activities arranged by departmental forum are carried out in this laboratory.
- DSP Lab-This laboratory is a very important laboratory of ECE Department. All the students from III Year utilize resources of this particular laboratory. According to UPTU curriculum, this laboratory is used to perform laboratory courses like study and analysis of all the signals by help of the tools like CCSTUDIO and DSP kits by Texas Instruments. Final Year students also utilize this laboratory for preparing their major and minor projects in the field of digital signal processing as well as Image processing. All technical activities being to meet out the UPTU extra-curricular activities arranged by departmental forum are carried out in this laboratory
- Communication Lab (optical, Analog & Digital)-This lab is conducted in the 5th semester of ECE, EN Engineering branch. In the lab, the student perform the various experiments how to communicate data in the form of analog signal from source to destination place via different medium. This lab is necessary for students and it is running by various trainer kits and implementation of experiments on bread-board in this lab students are studied different analog type modulation and demodulation techniques as Amplitude Modulation and Demodulation system.
- Microwave Lab-Microwave Lab contains the various equipments that work on microwave frequencies. Engineering students can utilize the microwave test benches for the measurement of VSWR, reflection coefficient and to perform the experiments in the curriculum of university. This lab contains various antennas of microwave frequencies like horn antenna which very useful in communication system.
- IC Lab -This lab is related to the experiments that are used in the operation of analog signals. In this the experiments are performed using various ICs like 555-Timer & IC-741c.
- Electronics Lab- This lab is very necessary for the students of Electronics & Communication Engineering branch to deliver the basic practical knowledge about various components, devices, equipments and circuits. This lab plays vital role in developing the understanding of students to operate and handle the different types of lab equipments like Cathode Ray Oscilloscope, Function Generator, DC Regulated Power Supply and Digital Multi Meter. We introduced and identify to our students with different types of active and passive components like bread-board, IC, LED, Resistor, Capacitor, inductor, diode, Transistor etc.
- Project Lab-This Cell is a core laboratory as well as workshop of ECE Department for all students from I Year to IV Year.
According to UPTU curriculum, this cell is used to make minor projects as well as major projects. The circuits of projects is simulated by help of simulation tools like Multisim, OrCAD , CCStudio, Microwind and Xilinx etc. then develop hardware of the projects. All technical activities being to meet out the UPTU extra-curricular activities arranged by departmental forum are carried out in this laboratory
Head of The Department
Mr. Santosh Kumar Dwivedi
Email Id: email@example.com