Electronics & Electrical Engineering
The department of Electrical and Electronics engineering has been playing a vital role in producing graduate engineers of high competence since it was established in the year 1999. The department has also been accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) in the year 2008 for three years, which clearly manifests its quality education policy. The department runs 4-year under graduate program of Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, with an intake of 120 and 3 years Diploma course in Electrical Engineering with intake of 60, to impart quality and value based learning.
The department has distinguished and experienced faculty members. All faculty members are well-educated from renowned institutions of India such as NITs etc. Faculty members are involved in all-round development of the students and have active participation in better teaching learning methods to provide quality education. Faculty members are also members of various professional bodies.
Department has various state of the art laboratories to assist the students to enrich their practical fundamentals along with theoretical knowledge. The infrastructure and lab facilities are upgraded time to time to meet fast changing requirements.
The faculty of the department is also involved constantly in the research work to enhance their knowledge which is ultimately reflected in the improvement of their teaching efforts. The department has few collaboration with academia and industries. With the aim of excellence, department organizes various workshops, short-term training programs, seminars and faculty development programs time to time. Also students are given exposure to industrial environment via several industrial tours and expert lectures throughout the course.
The department is continuously striving to achieve academic excellence and to give better growth opportunities for the students. Department has well maintained class rooms with board, LCD projector facilities. Also there is one well equipped conference room for seminar and presentation. Also there is one meeting room and one departmental library. Department has several well equipped laboratory to assist theoretical knowledge of the students. The detailed information about various labs is given below.
- Basic Electrical Lab: Basic Electrical Engg. lab is mainly for first year students. This lab provides basic knowledge to the students to augment their concept about fundamentals of Electrical Engineering. In this lab, they perform experiments related to the fundamental concepts of Electrical Engineering.
- Networks Lab: Networks lab is basically for 2nd year students which deals with the experiments of DC and AC circuit theory and analysis. This lab provides all the resources to the students to solve their problems regarding the subject.Lab is well equipped and carry all the basic to advance instruments.
- Electrical Machines Lab: This lab is the heart of core Electrical Engineering. It deals with practical on many electrical machines e.g. Synchronous Machines, Induction Machinesand Transformers etc. In this lab students get exposure and hands-on experience about the construction, working and the performance characteristics of these electrical machines. This lab enhances the industry required skills in the students of this branch. This lab is mainly for 2nd and 3rd year students.
- Power System Lab: It is important extension of Electrical machines lab, where experiments related to the Electrical power system, switch-gear and protection are conducted.The Power System lab consists of various costly and modern equipment for performing various experiments related to electrical power system such as faults analysis, relays, circuit breakers, machines protection etc. This lab is mainly for 4th year students.
- Power Electronics Lab: The Power Electronics lab offer basic study of working and performance characteristics of high power semi-conductor controlled devices such as BJTs, MOSFETs, SCRs, IGBTs etc. used in Converters, Choppers, Inverters, Regulators etc. this lab also provides the knowledge of industrial AC/ DC drive applications. This lab is mainly for 3rdyear students.
- Control Systems Lab: This lab provides the fundamental concept of automatic control systems which is very important not only for Electrical Engineering students but also for the students of other branches. This lab is equipped with various machines and setups to understand the concepts of control systems. Students study about various control components such as servo motors, stepper motors, controllers etc. Also the experiments related to various control systems such as temperature control, speed control, level control etc. are performed. This lab is mainly for 3rd year students.
- Measurements and Instrumentation Lab: The measurement and Instrumentation lab is another important laboratory which provides basic knowledge of various measuring instruments and measurement techniques. This lab is equipped with modern equipment to measure various quantities such as voltage, current, frequency, power, force, pressure, temperature etc. This lab is mainly for 2nd and 4th year students.
- CAD Lab: Without computer knowledge, any Engineering study is incomplete. This lab provides departmental computing facility to the students to work on their assignments, seminars, project work etc. There are high speed PCs with internet connectivity. Few important software required such as MATLAB, PSPICE, Win-Spice, LASI, Microwind, Circuit Maker, Ulti-Board, VHDL etc. are installed
Head of The Department
Dr. A.K. Sharma