Course Offered-Electronics & Communication Engineering
One of the broad engineering fields, Electronics and Communication involves the transmission of information across channels like coax cable or optical fiber. It also deals with designing equipments such as routers, switches, fiber optics and electronic switching systems. In a nutshell, this branch of engineering deals with electronic devices and software interfaces.
Careers & Placement
Some of the esteemed recruiters who recruit regularly are:
- Web Expert Group
- Finoit Technologies
- TECHNOCRAFT SOLUTIONS
- ARROW TECHNOLOGY
- REAL STATE SHOPPE
- TATA CONSUTANCY SERVICES(TCS)
- UV Softs Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- INDIAN NAVY
- IBM INDIA
- JOHNSIN CONTROLS PVT. LTD.
- SOPRA GROUP
- AASHI INDIA
- META CUBE
- STERIA INDIA
- EMBARC INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- INDIA MART
- Optimus Information Inc
- NTT DATA
- Cres Tech
- AD Worldwide-Tech Co. Pvt. Ltd.
- Phronesis Partners
- Atos SE (Societies Europaea
- XL Dynamics India Pvt. Ltd.
- SHRIRAM TRANSPORT FINANCE CO. LTD.
- INDIA MART
- ADITYA RAJ INFRAZONE OPC PVT. LTD.
- Anne Mary Group
- Cyient Ltd.
- Talent Burst
- JUST DIAL
- Mecatrix India
To enhance the employability, department regularly organized various expert / guest lecturers/ workshop/ industrial visit to meet out the industries requirements.
Institute follows the course curriculum design and developed by the Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow. University regularly updates its course curriculum as per the demand of industry. Undergraduate program of the University gives the elasticity to the students to prepare for foundation courses as well as advanced specializations courses as per their interest as an electives.
A student has to go through a common program for I and II semester in which they have to study the foundation/ preliminaries courses like Mathematics, Engineering Physics and Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Technical writing, Electronics Engineering, Computer Programming, etc.
Assessment of all courses is based on:
- Internal Evaluation (Sessional)
- External Evaluation (End Semester Examination)
Internal Evaluation is based on three components:
- Class Test Marks (Two tests & One Pre University Test)
- Teacher Assessment (Seminar, Quiz, Tests, Assignments)
External evaluation is conducted by Uttar Pradesh Technical University in the form of :
- End Semester Examination
- External Practical Examination
XII with : 1. Phy + Maths + (Chem. / Comp. Sc./Bio) with Min. 60% OR 60% with qualified rank in UPSEE-15.
Direct Admission : 1. Rank in SEE-UPTU-15 Phy + Maths + (Chem. / Comp. Sc./Bio) with Min. 60% & 2. Diploma in Engg. With at least 60% or B. Sc (with Maths) with at least 60%.
These engineers get job in central government, state governments and their sponsored corporations in public sector and in all wings of armed forces and also the private organizations. e.g :
They are also absorbed into the entertainment, consumer electronics, consumer durables, transmission industry, research establishments, and specialized defense products like signaling equipments, radar control equipments. Also biggest employment opportunities for EC Engineer are in the new computer related fields related to hardware & components and Networking and in the Telecom Sector. There are high end opportunities as well as middle segment opportunities. In fact India has emerged as a world class VLSI / Embedded System/digital signal processing design Center & EC engineers of high caliber can find jobs with entry level packages of Rs. 4.5 l.p.a. to Rs. 6.5 l.p.a. (with added specialization) with several MNCs operating in India. Similarly mobile computing, hardware & mobile networking, etc. are other lucrative and high growth areas.
Typical career path scenarios for Electronic & Communication Engineering are:
- An Electronic Engineer can start his/her career in Government departments by entry from Assistant Engineer posts by direct central recruitment through advertisements in newspapers.
- They can also be Selection to Gazette posts through the competitive examinations conducted by Union and State Public Service Commission.
- In the Defense Services, young engineers start as Second Lieutenants or equivalent cadres after getting selected through Indian Army, Indian Air Force, Indian Navy. All the three wings visit SGI campuses for recruitment of EC engineers.
- Similarly, there are vacancies in the private and public sector like ECIL, BEL, Central Electronics Ltd., Indian Railways, Atomic Energy Commission, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, Ministry of Civil Aviation, and other electronics, Campaniles.
- They can even start their own small businesses by manufacturing Electronic circuits and devices as like audio system, Measuring instruments and medical equipments etc.