Course Offered-Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Department offers 4-year degree of Bachelor of Technology in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. This course is affiliated by Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU), Lucknow and recognized by All India Counsel of Technical Education (AICTE).
The Electrical Engineering is one of the fundamental and evergreen branch of Engg. Later there were many advancement in Electronics with advent of IC technologies. Therefore, as the need of the present scenario, This branch is the balanced combination of both core Electrical Engg. and advanced Electronics Engg. concepts. In this branch, the basic and core knowledge of electrical machines and power systems as Electrical Engg. and knowledge of Signals, Communication, Analog/ Digital circuits etc. as advancement in Electronics engg are offered to the students. Therefore, This branch offers wide opportunities to the graduate engineers to start their career in many horizons offered by both Electrical and Electronics industries.
Careers & Placement
Students of this branch usually get jobs in various types of industries with good salary packages. They have equal job opportunities in Electrical, Electronics and Computer Science industries. Students can also get jobs in various government and public sector companies. Also they can appear in many competitive exams at state and national levels.
After completing B.Tech. Students can also go for higher studies such as M.Tech. and PhDs.
The placement of the students for current academic year is about 90%. Many students are placed in industries such as Sukam Power, Coslight, Medhaj Group, Energy Solutions etc. many students have got their appointment letters before completing their B.Tech. By the end of this session, remaining students are also expected to get jobs.
The scope of this branch is better in many aspects as shown in following points.
- Students of this branch have equal job opportunities in Electrical as well as in Electronics industries.
- If student acquires basic knowledge of computers then he has equal job opportunities in Computer Science Industries also. Many reputed computer industries such as TCS, HCL, Infosys, Wipro etc. hire these students every year throughout the country.
- Students of this branch can appear in many public sector companies such as NTPC, BHEL, NHPC, Power Grid etc.
- Few government organizations such as State Power Corporations, Railways, Defense organizations such as DRDO, ISRO, BARC etc. are also open to these students.
- Students of this branch can also appear in various competitive exams such as Civil Services (IAS/ IPS/ PCS etc.), Engineering Services (IES) etc.
- Some interested students can also go for higher studies i.e. M.Tech., Ph.D. and can get the jobs in educational sector or research organizations in India or abroad.
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) is a four years degree program. It is semester based program, which has total eight semesters of 6 months duration.
- Students are required to study various core courses related to their branch. Also they can choose various elective subjects depending on their choice of career and interest.
- Along with the theory exams, Students have to clear practical exams also. They are required to complete their project work in final year. Also students get opportunity to go for industrial training to get industrial exposure.
- All the subjects have some credits depending on their level of importance.
The total Course structure and course modules are provided on the UPTU website. For more information please click: http://www.uptu.ac.in/academics/syllabus_new.htm
- Performance of the student is assessed through various tests and exams.
- The whole assessment is divided into two parts i.e. Internal and External.
- Generally, subjects are of 150 marks, out of which 100 marks are of external (University) assessment while only 50 marks are of internal assessment.
- The minimum passing marks are 40% in each subjects.
- For more details, please visit: http://www.uptu.ac.in/academics/syllabus_new.htm
XII with : 1. Phy + Maths + (Chem. / Comp. Sc./Bio) with Min. 60% OR 60% with qualified rank in UPSEE-15.
Direct Admission : 1. Rank in SEE-UPTU-15 Phy + Maths + (Chem. / Comp. Sc./Bio) with Min. 60% & 2. Diploma in Engg. With at least 60% or B. Sc (with Maths) with at least 60%.
- Electrical & Electronics engineers are instrumental in revolutionizing the lives of modern man & are required in almost all industries as no industry works without power.
- They are required by the industries in large numbers such as manufacturing, household and office appliances like refrigerators, television, computer, microwaves ovens, fans, motors, consumer durables, etc.
- In our age of satellite transmitted television and transcontinental computer networks, these engineers are high in demand.
- Electrical & Electronics engineers also find employment in nuclear power plants, hydroelectric power plants as well as thermal power plants or wherever electricity is generated, transmitted, distributed or used e.g. cement, steel, chemical industries etc
- Freshers can get a starting salary of minimum Rs. 2.2 Lakh p.a. to Rs. 4.5 Lakh p.a. excluding other allowances.
- With more experience or as an established independent consultant one could earn more. Senior engineers can earn anywhere in between Rs. 6 Lakh p.a. and Rs. 12 Lakh p. a
- Those at senior management levels can earn well above Rs. 12 Lakh. p. a and in MNC’s, these earnings could be more than twice as mentioned above.
- With more experience or as an established independent consultant one could earn more. Senior engineers can earn anywhere in between Rs. 6 l Lakh p.a. and Rs. 12 l Lakh p.a
- Those at senior management levels can earn well above Rs. 12 Lakh. p.a. and in MNC’s, these earnings could be more than twice as mentioned above.
Typical career path scenarios for Electrical & Electronics Engineering are as follows:
- Electrical and electronics engineer can start their career in a company with a job responsibility including drawings and specification, design, development, and implementation of products or systems, as well as research to create prototypes of new products and usages.
- With the huge investments flowing into the power generation and distribution and the generation capacity, scheduled to quadruple over the next decade; huge job opportunities are in the pipeline in power generation, distribution, transmission fields as well as related equipment manufacture.
- The other fields of consumer durables, appliances, motors, generator, transformers, controls & switchgear, etc. is also witnessing good growth and with the growth of industrial sector, electric traction, metro railways, power generation & distribution plants & grids, the electrical & electronics engineering students are in huge demand.
Lab facilities for EE at HITM