Course Offered – Computer Science & Engineering
B. Tech. course offered by Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) embodies the tradition of excellence as a world-class leader in computer science and engineering education and research. Department is dedicated to research, education and overall excellence. CSE Graduates capture leading academic appointments as well as fuel the Internet, wireless communications and computer industries. Some of the esteemed patrons who recruit regularly are:
- Web Expert Group
- Finoit Technologies
- TECHNOCRAFT SOLUTIONS
- ARROW TECHNOLOGY
- REAL STATE SHOPPE
- TATA CONSUTANCY SERVICES(TCS)
- UV Softs Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- INDIAN NAVY
- IBM INDIA
- JOHNSIN CONTROLS PVT. LTD.
- SOPRA GROUP
- AASHI INDIA
- META CUBE
- STERIA INDIA
- EMBARC INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- INDIA MART
- Optimus Information Inc
- NTT DATA
- Cres Tech
- AD Worldwide-Tech Co. Pvt. Ltd.
- Phronesis Partners
- Atos SE (Societies Europaea)
- XL Dynamics India Pvt. Ltd.
- SHRIRAM TRANSPORT FINANCE CO. LTD.
- INDIA MART
- ADITYA RAJ INFRAZONE OPC PVT. LTD.
- Anne Mary Group
- Cyient Ltd.
- Talent Burst
- JUST DIAL
- Mecatrix India
And many more…
- Interested companies may send a mail requisition to the T&P cell for conveying interest for campus recruitment.
- Our T&P office will collect the required details and requirement online, methodology of short listing and the details/resume of short listed students will accordingly be submitted within a couple of days.
- If approved by you the T&P officers reverts placing a request for your visit / off-campus (as the case may be) & work out the days / itinerary of the visit which is mutually convenient.
- Allotment of dates for Campus Interview done.
- Availability of resumes for screening/ short listing is done.
- Shortlisted candidates are intimated / briefed to be ready on the designated date.
- Necessary coordination for corporate visit; pickup / drop, stay and hospitality is arranged.
- The recruitment process is conducted and offers released.
- Once the student is selected and offer is accepted, the student will be registered as placed and would not be allowed to appear for further interviews as per placement policy.
To increase employability of student, industry oriented courses are organized in collaboration with leading companies.
- IBM(Center of Excellence)
- HP Authorized Partners
- Microsoft Certified Partners
- The department offers one of the best undergraduate programs in the country. The course curriculum for the undergraduate program gives the flexibility to the students to prepare for foundation courses as well as advanced specializations courses as per their interest.
- The department commits to offer a set of electives so that students can plan their academic program in advance. The course structure provides a right mix of compulsory and elective courses.
- The B. Tech. Program is divided into two distinct parts. A student has to go through a common program called Core Curriculum. Most of the core curriculum is completed in the first four semesters. The last four semesters offer a large number in Computer Science including Database Management System, Software Engineering, Computer Network etc.
- The Core Curriculum consists of a package of compulsory courses in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Engineering Sciences and Technical Arts. It also includes several electives in Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS), Engineering Sciences, and Basic Sciences. The curriculum also includes open electives, where student can take the course from any department in the Institute as per their interest.
The Six main sectors in this field are:-
Hardware & Networking
- This includes the physical elements of the computer system dealing with the designing, manufacturing and maintenance of computers. This area also includes the assembling of the manufactured components of the computers.
- Installing & integrating computer systems on one or at many locations over Networks for better connectivity among businesses.
- Computer Science Degrees – Computer Science Degree prepares students towards different aspects about management and maintenance of computer systems. The first years of the degree course are designed to provide a basic understanding of the overall construction of computer systems, knowledge of various programming languages and algorithms, and a general introduction to software engineering.
- Information Technology Degrees – Information Technology is the backbone of most businesses today. As businesses go global they get complex in nature and that’s where information technology comes in , to make the business transactions flow quicker and simpler . As information technology is playing an important role in every sector, the need for competent and learned professionals is also rising. Most universities offer Bachelor’s degrees programmes in Information Technology. Some universities also offer short-term certificate programmes for working professionals who want to upgrade their skills in Information technology area. These courses equip the students with all the necessary skill that would be required to join a start up or medium size Information Technology organization. This will also ensure that students learn entrepreneurial skills and are able to start their own enterprises.
Software Engineering & Development
- This includes the set of instructions by which a computer is programmed for working and performing of specified tasks.
- Programmes may be for controlling the functioning of the computers or they may also be some user-friendly programmes for specific needs
- Custom made programmes & solutions for special applications are also needed on a huge scale.
Services & Application Support
- Systems integration & applications management
- Networking & data base management
- Installation & maintenance of software applications.
Business Development & Customer Relationship Mgt. (CRM)
- In IT, these are akin to the Sales & Marketing activities.
- As Software solution providing is essentially a consulting discipline the marketing is highly technical & termed Business Development.
Research and Development
- It involves designing of chips and circuits, computer architecture and integration of peripherals.
- It also includes improvement and upgrading of the existing systems, software & applications.
I.T. & Infrastructure Management
- Managers ensure that the development and operations work goes on smoothly.
- They look after the allocation of resources and planning. MBA+IT qualifications (like BCA/MBA-BBA/MCA; B. Tech (CS or IT) + MBA) are much sought after in this segment.
XII with : 1. Phy + Maths + (Chem. / Comp. Sc./Bio) with Min. 60% OR 60% with qualified rank in UPSEE-15.
Direct Admission : 1. Rank in SEE-UPTU-15 Phy + Maths + (Chem. / Comp. Sc./Bio) with Min. 60% & 2. Diploma in Engg. With at least 60% or B. Sc (with Maths) with at least 60%.
Career options in Computer Science are:
Typical career path scenarios for Computer Science & IT professional are:
Career Path 1: Designing and implementing software
1. This refers to the software development which has grown to include aspects of web development, interface design, security issues, mobile computing, and so on.
2. This is the career path that the majority of computer science graduates follow.
3. While a bachelor’s degree is generally sufficient for entry into this kind of career, many software professionals return to school to obtain a terminal master’s degree.
Career Path 2: Devising new ways to use computers.
1. This refers to innovation in the application of computer technology.
2. A career path in this area can involve advanced graduate work, followed by a position in a research university or industrial research and development laboratory.
3. It can involve entrepreneurial activity such as was evident during the dot-com boom of the 1990s or it can involve a combination of the two.
Career Path 3: Developing effective ways to solve computing problems
This refers to the application or development of computer science theory and knowledge of algorithms to ensure the best possible solutions for computationally intensive problems.
As a practical matter, a career path in the development of new computer science theory typically requires graduate work to the Ph.D. level, followed by a position in a research university or an industrial research and development laboratory.
Career Path 4: Planning and managing organizational technology infrastructure
This is the type of work for which the new information technology (IT) programs explicitly aim to educate students.
Career paths 2 and 3 are undeniably in the domain of computer science graduates. Career paths 1 and 4 have spawned the new majors in software engineering and information technology, respectively, and information systems graduates often follow Career path 1, too Computer scientists continue to fill these positions, but programs in software engineering, information technology, and information systems offer alternative paths to these careers.
Hindustan lab Facilities for CS
- Superior Labs & computing facilities
- State of the art infrastructure
- More than 1000 nodes
Software available are as follows:
|Microsoft Exchange Server 2007||Visual J# 2005 Express Edition|
|MS Server Std. Ed. 2003||Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition|
|Windows CE. Net 5.0||Windows XP Professional– SP2|
|Visual Foxpro 9.0 SP1||Windows Vista|
|Rational Rose – Enterprise Edition.||Windows Vista Ultimate Edition|
|Windows 2000 Prof. SP4||Windows Server 2003|
|Windows 3.1 WGP||Windows Server 2003 Web Ed.|
|MS Windows 2003/XP/XPP||Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition|
|Oracle 8i/10g||Windows Server 2003 Std. Ed.|
|MS Exchange Server 2000 MS Visual Studio 6.0||Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition|
|MS Office Project Pro 2007||Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition|
|Norton Antivirus 10.1 (Corporate Edition)||ISA Server 2004, 2006|
|Visual Studio 2006||SQL Server 2005 Std. Ed. SP1|
|Visual Studio 2005||Code Composer Studio DSK|