The Department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 2012. The department is growing at fast pace to achieve its goals.
- To impart quality teaching to attain excellence.
- To empower students to meet the challenges of professional development.
The Department of Civil Engineering offers undergraduate programme with emphasis on fundamental theory and practice in Civil Engineering keeping in view the current and continuously changing scenarios in this discipline.
Faculty members from the reputed colleges of India like NIT’S, IIT’S and B.I.T, Mesra are the part of department. Department has faculty members expertise in core subjects of civil engineering like structural engineering and construction engineering. Faculty members work hard to nurture young minds to produce bright able civil engineers. Our staff members typically have a high sense of purpose and derive great meaning from working together to make sure that HITM, Agra’s academic excellence is sustained.
The department has a number of laboratories and software focusing on practical aspects related to civil engineering.
Department has lecture rooms with capacity of 60 students each.
The laboratories are well equipped with required instrument and have sufficient additional space for future development. The Departmental Laboratories are:
- Structural Engineering:- Studying the behaviors of various structural units on the application of loads is the primary goal of this lab. Below listed equipments are available in the lab:
- Apparatus for Verification of Clerk’s Maxwell Reciprocal Theorem
- Column & Strut Apparatus
- Curved Member Apparatus
- Elastic Properties of Deflected Beam Apparatus
- Three Hinged Arch Apparatus
- Two Hinged Arch Apparatus
- Unsymmetrical Bending Apparatus
- Transportation Engineering:- In this lab, students are trained to find the suitability of various materials in road construction using following equipments:
- Aggregate Crushing Value Apparatus
- Bitumen Penetrometer Apparatus
- Ductility Test Apparatus
- Flakiness Index test gauge
- Elongation Index test gauge
- Film stripping device
- Los- Angeles Abrasion machine
- Ring and Ball Apparatus
- Geotechnical Engineering:- A lab where students are trained to find the properties of soil based on which structural design is completed.
- Core cutter apparatus
- Direct Shear test apparatus
- Dynamic cone penetrometer apparatus
- Sieve Sets and Sieve Shaker
- Hydrometer apparatus
- Casagrande’s apparatus
- Proctor Compaction apparatus
- Relative Density test apparatus
- Permeability test apparatus
- Standard Penetration test
- Environmental Engineering:- The lab has various equipments(listed below) to conduct test on water and waste water to know their properties.
- BOD testing apparatus
- COD Testing apparatus
- Kjeldahl nitrogen testing apparatus
- Conductivity meter
- pH meter
- Distillation units
- Glass accessories
- Building Materials:- The lab is equipped with instruments required for conducting test on the materials used in building construction.
- Aggregate Impact Value Apparatus
- Compression Testing Machine
- Hot air oven
- Chatelier water bath
- Electronic balance
- Le-chatelier apparatus
- Soundness testing apparatus
- Sieve set
- Surveying & Geoinformatic lab:- In this lab, students are trained to conduct laud survey using various surveying equipments and Geoinformatic techniques.
- Dumpy Level
- Total survey station
- Prismatic compass
- Surveying chains
- Plane table with accessories
- Arial Photographs
- GARMIN GPS
- Hydraulics lab:- This lab consist of equipments used for measurement of flow the open channels.
- Adjustable Plume
- STAAD Pro.
- Auto Cad
- Water Gem
- Sewer Gem
- Bentley Map
- Micro station
- MX Road
Head of The Department
Mrs. Meenakshi Sharma
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org